Who is Rex the Road Dog?

My photo
Rex is the name of my '04 Road King and also my alter ego. We travel this country looking for great scenes to photograph and great roads to ride.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

test title 1

The planned RV maintenance in Nacogdoches went fairly well. A new sink, new awning, a room suitable for daylight film loading, and far too many little improvements to mention here. I really don’t want to bore you all. All of this took a little over two weeks with rain delays and trips to the mega hardware place.

We were back on the road heading west on Wednesday the 21st for a two-day drive to Big Bend National Park. Years ago my friend Wally Frederick told me how much he loved it when he visited so I decided to give it a look around. He was not wrong!

We found a nice RV park in the little town of Terlingua, TX. More about the RV park in another blog (a nicer owner/operator/resident couple would be hard to find). This will be our home base for a week or so. Exploration of the park and surrounding areas plus re-learning how to use my field camera and develop 4x5 B&W film are the planned items.

There are a lot of things I can add about Terlingua but that also will be fodder for future ramblings. To put it in a simple phrase, I am a happy camper here!

Today, at the suggestion of one of the owners, I took Rex and headed west down what they call River Road. I have found a new third favorite riding road. AWESOME is not adequate to describe the ride. I was so impressed that I am starting a new blog, "Rex’s Rode Roads." More about that when it is up and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment